611 Church St.
Carnegie Hall on Facebook
In 1902, philanthropist Andrew Carnegie and community members built Carnegie Hall as a classroom and performance space for the Lewisburg Female Institute. The structure was designed by architects Barrett & Thompson in the Greek Revival style, characterized foremost by its Ionic order portico with pediment, shouldered architrave trim, tall first floor windows, and cornice with dentils. In 1972, it closed and became part of the Greenbrier Center. Carnegie Hall, Inc. was incorporated in 1983 as a nonprofit arts and education center. A major restoration project was completed in 1997, with additional renovations completed in 2006. It is one of only four Carnegie Halls still in continuous use today and is part of the Lewisburg Historic District. (Listed NRHP 1978)